No other disease strikes as much fear deep within our souls as cancer. The reason? Most of us have witnessed firsthand the ravaging effect that cancer, as well as chemotherapy and radiation, has had on a loved one. Cancer statistics in the United States present us with some sobering facts. Each year:
- Over 1,250,000 new cases of invasive cancers will be diagnosed
- An additional 1,500,000 new cases of non-invasive cancers will be diagnosed.
- More than 500,000 people will die from cancer.
- Cancer causes 1 in 5 of all deaths.
- Cancer will affect 1 out of 3 people alive today.
- Fifty percent of those diagnosed with cancer will die of the disease
- The economic toll of cancer will be greater than $110 billion
Cancer is a dreaded disease for good reason. The biggest, per that most of us have watched helplessly as this disease has hadu mind, and spirit of someone close to us who at one time had much life. Despite dedicating significant resources to the battle apa cancer, conventional medicine alone has failed. Granted, there ha been some tremendous advances, but for the most part we are losing the war on cancer. One of the key reasons is that conventional medicine has long ignored the greatest healer of all-nature.
How to Present and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine is a valuable resource that provides not only the latest information on dietary and supplementation strategies to prevent cancer but also the critical guidance you need in preventing or treating cancer. Whether you want to prevent, treat, or deal with the side effects of conventional cancer care, we offer a comprehensive program of dietary measures and the proper use of vitamins, minerals, herbs, and other natural measures. You need this book because if you don't follow the guidelines we present, your cancer risk will be at least three times greater than if you do follow our recommendations. And if you have a family history of cancer it is even that much more important to follow the guidance we present because your cancer risk is higher. Simply stated, we provide a clear path to changing the environment within your body so that it will not support the growth of cancer. We provide a simple test to find out your relative nask for cancer, and if you have cancer we can help you provide the sup port you need to help you fight the disease or deal with the side effects as well as enhance the effectiveness of conventional cancer treatments like surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.How to prevent and Trear Cancer with Natural Medicine provides a prica can focused program that will carefully detail how natural medicines can:
- Significantly reduce your risk for cancer
- Effectively change the vely change the internal environment to prevent cancer to mation
- Improve the detoxification of harmful cance before they have the chance to do their damage
- Help keep chemotherapy or radiation therapy from causing can cer in the future
- Bolster the cancer patient's immune system
- Eliminate or dramatically reduce the common side effect of mal nutrition and tissue wasting caused by chemotherapy
- Help to selectively starve the tumor cells
- Slow down cancer growth with natural compounds that are selec tively toxic to tumor cells
- Lower the risk for recurrent tumors
- Significantly increase the chances for partial or complete remis sion-a cure
It is important to point out that the program given is not based on theory. It is based on real-life experience working with cancer patients. We have treated thousands of cancer patients successfully with the program detailed in How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine. This experience has helped us learn firsthand what works and what does not.
If you have cancer, we want you to talk to your doctor about using the recommendations made in this book. Conventional oncologists will probably embrace the recommendations given in the book, because they will recognize that our recommendations are scientifically valid and supportive of many aspects of conventional cancer therapy. We believe that integrative therapy is the answer in the battle against cancer. To align your doctor with our program, we have provided extensive references from the medical literature.Some Words of Caution
Although this book discusses numerous natural medicines and approaches, it is not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care. Please keep the following in mind as you read:
- Do not self-diagnose. Proper medical care is critical to good health. If you have concerns about any subject discussed in this book, please consult a physician, preferably a naturopathic doctor (N.D.), holistic medical doctor (M.D.), or doctor of osteopathy (D.O.), chiropractor, or other natural health care specialist.
- Make vour physician aware of all the nutritional supplemente herbal products you are currently taking to avoid any negative in teractions with any of them.
- If you are currently taking a prescription medication, you ab solutely must work with your doctor before discontinuing any drug or altering any drug regimen.
- Cancer is a multifactorial disease that requires a multifactorial so lution: medical, nutritional, and lifestyle changes, as well as mental, emotional, social, and spiritual issues. Do not rely solely on a single area of focus. You can't just take pills and not change your diet, or do the diet and the pills but ignore the emotional or spiritual issues. Any truly effective approach for cancer must be truly integrated.