Ice Therapy can treat Lung Cancer
As published in Indian Express on April 16, 2013 - Frozen balls of ice can safely kill cancerous tumours that have spread to the lungs, according to the first prospective multicenter trial of cryoablation.
Cryoablation is a process that uses extreme cold to destroy or damage tissue.
"Cryoablation has potential as a treatment for cancer that has spread to the lungs from other parts of the body and could prolong the lives of patients who are runing out of options," said David A Woodrum, author of the study and interventional radiologist at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
"We may not be able to cure the cancer, but with cryoablation we can at least slow it down sigificantly and allow patients to enjoy quality of life longer," he added.
Metastatic lung disease is difficult to treat and often sigals a poor progosis. In the initial results of the study trial, 22 subjects with a total of 36 tumours were treated with 27 cryoablation sessions.
Cryoablation was 100 per cent effective in killing those tumours at three-month follow-up. Follow-up at six months on 5 of the 22 patients showed the treaded tumours to still be dead.
Tips to lead a healthy life
- Revolutionary new blood / biopsy test could detect ALL types of cancer
- Buy Organic Fagonia cretica in USA / Canada
- Adverse effects of Fagonia cretica Tea
- Do you need Mastectomy ?
- Inheritance of Cancer - Hereditary
- Pre-Operation MRI in Breast Cancer Patients
- To tackle Hypertension - Keep a check on Diet
- Breast Pain alters on how woman exercise
- Multivitamin a Day helps in preventing Cancer
- Healthy Diet for Breast Cancer Patients
- Drugs aim to make Cancer Self Destruct
- Exercise increases survival odds in patients of Breast Cancer
- Broccoli - Fighter of Cancers, the original superfood